Five of the major UBC Farm programs are now beginning volunteer orientations for the 2017 season. Get your hands dirty with the Urban Farmers Program, our Farm Market team, the Indigenous Gardens, our Outreach crew or the FarmWonders children’s programs. There are lots of fun shifts available for lots of keen farm-curious folk!
The Urban Farmers
- This is the program for you if you want to get your hands in the fields and carry our the day-to-day activities needed to run the UBC Farm’s field operations. This is a great shift for those who would like more experience growing and harvesting produce and an opportunity to meet our expert farmers on staff.
The Indigenous Gardens
- Typical activities in the Indigenous gardens include harvesting from the garden, drying medicines and having engaging conversations with elders over delicious meals.
The Outreach Team
- If you like talking to people this is a great way for you to help the farm. Our outreach crew gain free attendance to campus fairs and community events, which makes this a fun volunteer position.
Farm Market Crew
- Volunteers help our behins the scenes in our produce and flower area at our bustling market that run Saturday mornings from 9am to 12pm through the growing season.
- Summer camp volunteers assist with the Farm’s summer day camps for children aged 6-12. Volunteers commit to an entire week of either mornings or afternoons of fun!
Click here to register on our volunteer management system and check our next orientation dates.