Volunteer With FarmWonders
Get involved with our spring and summer day camps
Come work with kids and share your passions for the environment, science, outdoors and food in our dynamic Children’s Learning Garden! Volunteers are accepted for FarmWonders Day Camps over spring break and the summer. Volunteers are key to making our camps a fun and safe environment for children.
FarmWonders CampsRegister Here
Pssst! Did you already do your criminal record check?
This is a requirement for all volunteers at camp.
Volunteers are asked to:
- Assist in set up and clean up
- Provide support and extra direction to camp participants
- Assist in leading games, crafts and activities
- Actively participate in the program
You will not be expected and not permitted to:
- Lead the entire program
- Give medication to children
- Give a child a ride home
- Be left alone with children at the end of the program
- Our volunteer shifts run during all weeks of our day camps.
- Volunteer shifts are AM (9-1) or PM (12-4), Monday – Friday. Volunteers ideally commit to an entire week.
- Please note that our volunteer shifts are only visible to those who have successfully completed the process to become a registered FarmWonders volunteer.
If you are interested in volunteering with FarmWonders, you will be required to clear a criminal record check and have a UBC Farm volunteer account (click here to create an account). Once you have completed both steps in this process, you will be added to the FarmWonders volunteer program and able to sign up for volunteer shifts. Until that time, camp-related volunteer shifts will not be available to you.
Apply for a Criminal Record Check:
- Option one: Request a new criminal record check here using Access Code: 5PCL84F4HC
- Option two: If you are new to Canada, or otherwise unable to use the online system, apply using this form. Bring your completed form and your photo ID to the UBC Farm office or your UBC Farm volunteer orientation to have your request submitted and ID verified.
Our minimum age for volunteers is 15. If you are less than 15 years old and interested in working with our camps, check out our FarmLeaders program for 12-14 year olds!
Children's Learning Garden
Volunteer with the Children's Learning Garden
All ages can sign up to garden in our Children’s Learning Garden when they bring a parent or guardian with them! Volunteer shifts are scheduled through the UBC Farm Volunteer web page. If you are under the age of 14, please respect that other programs will not permit you to volunteer and ensure you only sign up for Children’s Garden Care shifts.Register Here