Feeding Growth Coffee Series
A series of dialogues about food business subjects you care about, in collaboration with engaged food industry partners, and with the Feeding Growth recipe you like: personable and caring food industry mentors; inspiring yet mighty practical insight; and a helpful community of progressive change-makers.
The Feeding Growth Coffee Series runs approximately every month, between January and June.
Vancouver Farmers Markets (VFM) it’s nine markets, $8.5M in annual vendor sales, and a presence in many of Vancouver’s neighbourhoods For your packaged food enterprise, it’s a chance to build a loyal clientele, increase your sales, and build a launchpad to retail.
Yet, entering this prolific market scene also means somehow making it up a long wait list, meeting a number of regulations and requirements, and making sure your business model is ready for the resource demands of farmers markets clients. Feeding Growth is joining forces with the Vancouver Farmers Markets and BC Association of Farmers Markets to share the ins and outs of finding yourself under a market tent and making sure you make the most of it.
Consumers want brands they can trust. Certifications (organic, fairtrade, b-corp, etc.) can help you communicate your high business standards and take advantage of market opportunities. But which one is right for your business? Which one will best position you to adapt to an ever-changing market? Join Feeding Growth's seasoned food business leaders Carmen Wakeling (Eat More Sprouts) and Ian Walker (Left Coast Naturals; Hippie Snacks) to get vital insight on how they made the decision to undertake certifications.
Want to be the first to know the line up? Sign up for our mailing list to get exclusive updates and announcements about the series.
The Feeding Growth Coffee Series costs $15 for newcomers and is free for alumni (those who have attended the Feeding Growth workshop series).
- Whether you're there or not, learning to recognize the signs that it's time to scale up, and how to appropriately do it, is key to your business' success
- Get answers to the questions that matter most to you -- our flexible agenda will enable you to contribute to the conversation.
- Learn from peers who deal with similar opportunities and challenges in the natural, organic, specialty food business sphere.
- Cement key relationships in the progressive food space.
- April 19, 2018: Scaling up: Manufacturing or Co-packing? With Catherine Anderson (Founder & CEO, Hidden Garden Foods)
- February 15, 2018: Making Food Business Law & Accounting Sexy with Genevieve Pinto (Vice President, Renewal Funds) and Rick Kohn (Partner, Deloitte Canada)
- January 18, 2018: The Secret to Making it into Vancouver Farmers Markets with Laura Smit (Operations Manager, Vancouver Farmer's Markets) and Georgia Stanley (Membership & Communications Manager, BC Association of Farmer's Markets)
- June 1, 2017: How To Stay on the Shelf with Ishkandar Ahmed