With a unique farm and forest setting right here in Vancouver, the UBC Farm provides a stunning site for private events.
The farm hosts a wide range of events for both academic UBC groups and members of the public. People from around the world have come through the farm as guests to weddings, conferences, long table dinners, picnics, birthday parties, BBQs, corporate parties, engagement photo shoots, reunions, field dinners, music and sports events, meetings and retreats, bonfires, outdoor movie screenings, and more. We have a variety of venues within the farm that can accommodate different scales of activity. The UBC Farm is a self-serve venue, which allows a great deal of flexibility for your event.
Tell us what type of event you are planning, we would love to host you! We review all requests on a case by case basis to ensure all events fit within the spirit and mandate of the Centre for Sustainable Food Systems.
We are now touring for all 2017 bookings. All Saturdays July-September 2017 are no longer available, please enquire for other dates.
2018 dates will be released on June 3rd, 2017. Please submit an event booking request form, to be notified once we are booking for 2018.
Click here for the UBC Farm Private Events Guide
Steps to booking an event:
- Review the UBC Farm Event Guidelines; this document provides information about our rates, site amenities, and booking procedures etc. The UBC Farm is officially closed on Sundays, only bookings above $2000 will be considered.
- Arrange a tour of the site
- Prior to requesting a booking, one of the primary renters must have visited the site. Contact the events coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a tour.
- After your tour: Submit an Event Booking Request Form
- UBC Farm staff will contact you to discuss the details of your event, tell you if your date has been approved, and issue you a formal quote.
- Once your event is approved, pay the confirmation deposit to secure the booking.
- Once the prospective renter has toured the site, the date may be held without a deposit for up to 1 week, upon request. This does not guarantee your date. We will attempt to reach you if another party shows interest. Once notified, 48 hours will be given to secure the booking by submitting a deposit, otherwise, your date will be made available to other renters.