The Fire Pit is the heartbeat of our summers at the UBC Farm. Hidden behind the woods, the traditional fire pit is neighboured by the beautiful xwc’ic’usum gardens. Our experience of the fire pit is filled with the sounds of drum circles, the clicks and licks of a bonfire, gentle cracks from the smoke house, storytelling and laughter, always laughter. The fire pit comes with a bar area with tall prep tables, picnic tables and a tent-worthy lawn space. It is a laid back venue perfect for barbecues, receptions, picnics and retreats.
- The lawn space adjacent to the fire pit (included in the venue) measures 75 meters by 50 meters.
- We do not irrigate the grass in the summer, expect green grass to return in September and stay until May. (We have found that this keeps the ground firmer and better suited for dancing.)
Unique site protocol:
- Keep a 3 feet of clearance from the indigenous gardens.
- Please do not tamper with the smoke house or tool shed.
- Do not harm the trees when hanging decorations from them.
- May – Oct High Season – $300 (4 hours minimum) | $500 (8 hours) | $50 (additional hours)
- Nov – Apr Low Season – $200 (4 hours minimum) | $350 (8 hours) | $40 (additional hours)
For more information on our site protocol, rates and booking procedures please read our Private Events Guide