Upcoming Workshops for 2016
We’re excited to be hosting some great new workshops in 2016! Click the links below for full details, registration, and pricing. Check back for more workshop offers in the near future.
Early workshop registration is strongly encouraged, as popular workshops often sell out. In addition, workshop registration is subject to closure 1-5 days prior to the workshop. To attend a workshop, please note that advanced registration is required.
Revenue generated by our workshops is invested back into the Centre’s research and community programs. Your support is very important!
- Workshop: Bees and Beekeeping on May 28, 2016 10:00 am
- Workshop: Summer Pruning and Managing your Home Orchard Crop on June 1, 2016 6:00 pm
- Workshop: Urban Foraging of Wild, Edible, and Medicinal Plants on June 2, 2016 6:00 pm
- Workshop: Doughgirls Downhome Desserts on June 8, 2016 6:30 pm
- Workshop: Introduction to Home Canning on June 14, 2016 6:00 pm
- Workshop: How to Make a Food Forest: From Values to Vines on July 13, 2016 6:00 pm
To receive updates about current workshop offerings, please subscribe to the UBC Farm e-Newsletter by clicking here.
Interested in leading a workshop at UBC Farm? Prospective facilitators can submit an application here.
In addition to the Growing Season Workshop Series, the UBC Farm hosts numerous other short courses and workshops:
- Permaculture Design Certificate course offered by the Conscious Design Collective
- Site visits from the Summer Institute in Sustainability Leadership, offered through UBC Continuing Studies
- Summer short course on sustainable farming food systems, offered in conjunction with The University of Hong Kong’s Faculty of Science