Learn to make Probiotic Soda a.k.a. Ginger ‘Beer’ with us for an evening!
This beginner level workshop will go over the following topics:
- Basics around traditional fermentation methods.
- Basic theories on microbes: what are they, and how can they affect your digestion, immunity and mood.
- Commonly found foods that you can incorporate into your microbe-aware diet.
- How to make fruit based water kefir soda
- Hands-on activity: Start your own Probiotic Soda (a.k.a. Ginger Beer). Please bring a 1 litre glass jar with a lid.
Participants each take home their own ‘ginger bug’ which is a Ginger ‘Beer’ starter (non-alcoholic).
About the Instructor
Lindsay Anne RHN (Registered Holistic Nutritionist), is also a Farmer-Fermentationist. Lindsay loves to engage people in the world of microbes, whether in your food, gut, or garden. She works as assistant farm manager at A Rocha, a 120 member CSA in South Surrey, and manages a community garden here in Vancouver. After experiencing first hand commercial sauerkraut and kimchi production, she now teaches workshops for the general public on how to create yummy probiotic foods.
Date and Time
Thursday, March 9 | 7 – 9 pm (2 hours)
3461 Ross Drive, Vancouver BC
$39 ($32 student pricing) + GST