Be among the few to discover BC grown truffles.
Four events, four days…
….Dine on fresh local truffles prepared by top local chefs . ….Follow truffle dogs as they hunt for this elusive treasure. ….Meet and talk with truffle experts.Opening day Feb 10, 2018 is held in Vancouver at UBC Farm and features educational talks from experts, truffle dog handlers and truffle cultivation experts. A tour of UBC’s experimental truffle orchard will be given with dog demonstrations, and a truffle tasting will complete this rare experience.
- 1:00 – 2:30 Presentations
- Shannon Berch Truffles – native and cultivated
- Charles Lefevre Starting a truffle orchard the right way
- Sharmin Gamiet Cultivating truffles
- Brooke Fochuk and John Kelly Finding and harvesting truffles
- 2:30- 3:00 Tasting
- 3:00 – 4:00 In the truffle orchard
- Doug Campbell Maintaining the UBC truffle orchard
- Brooke Fochuk and John Kelly Truffle dog demonstration