Come learn the mystical magic ways of kombucha. Kombucha, a fermented tea, is all the rage for it’s ability to “detoxify the body and energize the mind.” It’s pretty refreshing and tasty too.
This beginner level workshop will include the following:
- What is kombucha and why many claim it is good for you
- Second fermentation techniques
- Adding flavours and creating kombucha drinks
- Troubleshooting kombucha
- Participants will follow along with a brewing demonstration in order to learn hands on how to make kombucha
- Kombucha tasting session of different flavour combinations
- All participants will leave with their own scoby and a booklet containing all your kombucha related needs ( including the basic kombucha recipe as well as second fermentation recipes and troubleshooting tips)
About the Instructor
Andrea Potter, founder of Rooted Nutrition, is a Chef and Registered Holistic Nutritionist. She supports health-motivated cooks to make empowered choices that start with vibrant, delicious, practical recipes and culinary techniques. She teaches holistic food classes for the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition, has taught at the Northwest Culinary Academy and in the community for various local businesses and non-profit organizations for food security.
Andrea’s cooking classes and food & nutrition workshops are interactive and fun; her work conveys her love of good food, community and food culture.
Date and Time
Saturday, May 6 | 2pm – 4pm (2 hours)
3461 Ross Drive, Vancouver BC
$39 ($32 student pricing) + GST