Discover the UBC Farm through your tastebuds! Get your local, organic, farm fresh seasonal veggies, fruits, herbs, flowers and free-range eggs straight from the UBC Farm! There is always a line at our gates by 9am for Saturday markets. Come out and join in on the delicious fun!
Our markets are a vital component of the UBC Farm. It is a regular opportunity for us to meet you – our community supporters and engage the public in our work. Behind the scenes it is also an important learning experience for our volunteers and students to have in agricultural business management, marketing and community leadership.
The farm offers three weekly markets in different forms from early June through mid-October, as well as occasional farm gate sales during the shoulder seasons. Often our seasonal u-picks for blueberries, pumpkins, hops and more will be scheduled alongside our markets. To be the first to know about market news, join our market fans and subscribe to our weekly community newsletter.
Saturdays, 9:00am-1:00pm, June 4 to October 29, 2016 at the UBC Farm
Come out for a lively farmers market right here at the UBC Farm every Saturday! In addition to farm-fresh veggies, fruits, herbs, flowers and free-range eggs from the UBC Farm, the Saturday Farm Market also features a variety of other local growers, bakers, craftspeople, prepared food, and live musicians.
Since 2001, the on-site Saturday Farm Market has provided a unique venue for experiential education and student research, including everything from agricultural business management and marketing to nutritional analysis.
- Payment – Cash is the preferred method of payment. Interac and credit card are also accepted. Cheques are accepted for purchases over $30. Please note that many other vendors present at the market only accept cash.
- Parking – Please park outside of the farm gate in the lot or on Ross Drive. Three spots in our parking lot are reserved for persons of limited mobility. As parking space is limited, market customers are encouraged to carpool, bus, bike, or walk to the farm. See our Directions, Hours, and Contact Information page for directions and maps. Please drive carefully and watch for pedestrians, children and cyclists.
- Plastic bag charge – In order to reduce consumption of plastic bags, the UBC Farm charges 10 cents per plastic produce bag used (there is no charge for pre-bagged items). Customers are encouraged to bring and reuse plastic produce bags and inform the cashiers when they have done so.
- Bring your own shopping bags – Market customers are encouraged to bring reusable shopping bags in which to pack your purchases. The UBC Farm will gladly accept donations of clean, used grocery bags to have on hand.
- Eggs – Egg quantities are limited (the hens can only produce so much!) and in high demand. To ensure that as many people as possible can sample this popular treat, there is a limit of one dozen eggs per family.
- Farm tours – The UBC Farm offers free 3o minute public tours at 11:00am each Saturday. Please meet on the hill above the market five minutes prior. These public tours are provided for individuals, families and small groups interested in learning more about the UBC Farm. Please dress weather appropriately (and with sturdy footwear) as tours can get messy while walking around farm fields and gardens!
Tuesdays, 4:00pm-6:30pm at the UBC Farm - June 14 to October/November 2016
The UBC Farm Tuesday evening market features our farm-fresh veggies, fruits, herbs, flowers and free-range eggs. Stop by and pick up some fresh ingredients for dinner! Cash is the preferred method of payment. Interac and credit card are also accepted. Customers are asked to bring their own bags.
Wednesdays, 11:30am-1:30pm, June 1 to October/November 2016 at the UBC Bookstore
The UBC Farm Wednesday Campus Market features an assortment of fresh UBC Farm produce and flowers. This mid-week market in front of the UBC Bookstore offers students, staff and faculty members a convenient opportunity to purchase UBC Farm produce. Cash is the preferred method of payment. Interac and credit card are also accepted. Customers are asked to bring their own bags.