The UBC Farm’s markets are an important venue for community engagement and are the primary avenue through which UBC Farm produce is sold. The farm offers three weekly markets from early June through mid-October, as well as occasional farm gate sales during the shoulder seasons. Review the complete market schedule here.
Saturdays, 9:00am-1:00pm, June 4 to October 29, 2016 at the UBC Farm
Since 2001, the on-site Saturday Farm Market has provided a unique venue for experiential education and student research, including everything from agricultural business management and marketing to nutritional analysis. Individuals are also welcome to volunteer at the Saturday markets.
In addition to farm-fresh veggies, fruits, herbs, flowers and free-range eggs from the UBC Farm, the Saturday Farm Market also features a variety of other local growers, bakers, craftspeople, prepared food, and live musicians.
- Payment – Cash is the preferred method of payment, though cheques are accepted for purchases over $30. The farm is unable to process Interac or credit card transactions. Please note that many vendors only accept cash.
- Parking – Please park outside of the farm gate in the lot or on Ross Drive. Three spots in our parking lot are reserved for persons of limited mobility. As parking space is limited, market customers are encouraged to carpool, bus, bike, or walk to the farm. See our Directions, Hours, and Contact Information page for directions and maps. Please drive carefully and watch for pedestrians, children and cyclists.
- Plastic bag charge – In order to reduce consumption of plastic bags, the UBC Farm charges 10 cents per plastic produce bag used (there is no charge for pre-bagged items). Customers are encouraged to bring and reuse plastic produce bags and inform the cashiers when they have done so.
- Bring your own shopping bags – Market customers are encouraged to bring reusable shopping bags in which to pack your purchases. The UBC Farm will gladly accept donations of clean, used grocery bags to have on hand.
- Eggs – Egg quantities are limited (the hens can only produce so much!) and in high demand. To ensure that as many people as possible can sample this popular treat, there is alimit of one dozen eggs per family.
- Farm tours – The UBC Farm offers free 3o minute public tours at 11:00am each Saturday. Please meet on the hill above the market five minutes prior. These public tours are provided for individuals, families and small groups interested in learning more about the UBC Farm. Please dress weather appropriately (and with sturdy foot-ware) as tours can get messy walking around farm fields and gardens!
Tuesdays, 4:00pm-6:30pm at the UBC Farm - June 14 to October/November 2016
The UBC Farm Tuesday evening market features an assortment of fresh UBC Farm produce and flowers. Stop by and pick up some fresh ingredients for dinner! The Tuesday market only accepts cash, and customers are asked to bring their own bags.
Wednesdays, 11:30am-1:30pm, June 1 to October/November 2016 at the UBC Bookstore
The UBC Farm Wednesday Campus Market features an assortment of fresh UBC Farm produce and flowers. This mid-week market in front of the UBC Bookstore offers students, staff and faculty members a convenient opportunity to purchase UBC Farm produce. The Wednesday market only accepts cash, and customers are asked to bring their own bags.