Future of Food Webinar Series
Building Resilient Food Systems During COVID-19 and Beyond
Join us for our new webinar series: Building a Resilient Food System During COVID-19 and Beyond. This webinar series will feature many of the foremost food systems experts from UBC and across BC, brought to you by the Centre for Sustainable Food Systems (CSFS), the BC Food Web and the Faculty of Land and Food Systems (LFS) and other partners to be announced.
This eight-part series will air every two weeks starting May 28th, from 3 pm to 4 pm. Webinar titles are subject to change. Series links with speaker details and more will be posted below soon.
- What’s a food system anyway? Unpacking the global and local food system – May 28
- Decolonizing the Land and Food System: Indigenous Resilience in Times of Crisis – June 11
- A food system in crisis: climate change, COVID-19, and pathways forward – June 25
- The role of innovation in building a food-secure future – July 9
- Essential labour, essential lives: migrant agricultural workers and COVID-19 – July 23
- Eating close to home: fostering the local food system during COVID-19 – August 6
- Farmers: lessons learned during the COVID-19 pandemic – August 20
- The right to eat: Tackling food insecurity during COVID-19 – TBD
Additional webinars will be posted as soon as dates are confirmed.
May 28, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
June 11, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
June 25, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
July 9, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
July 23, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
August 6, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.