Seeds of Knowledge
Saturdays, June 4, 2022 – August 27, 2022, 10:00AM-2:00PM
Learn about and celebrate research with the whole family this Summer at select UBC Farm Saturday Markets!
Seeds of Knowledge showcases the innovative research happening at the Centre for Sustainable Food Systems and our partners. We’re highlighting results and giving the public the chance to meet researchers, explore research tools, and join a tour led by researchers to see what research in action looks like at the UBC Farm. Learn more about research at the UBC Farm!
- Dr. Juli Carrillo & Matt Mitchell – UBC Farm Long-term Biodiversity Monitoring Program
- Hannah Wittman, Solveig Hanson & Judith Nuhu – CANOVI (Canadian Organic Vegetable Improvement)
- Dan Durrell & Becky Loverock – Truffière irrigation Périgord black truffles (Tuber melanosporum) with English oak trees (Quercus robur)
- Dr. Risa Sargent – Mediating Ecosystem Services through Habitat Diversification Using Peppers as a Model
- Sean Smukler & Carson Li – Too Much Water or Too Little: Climate Resilient Vegetable Farming
- Cara Haney & Zayda Morales – Biological Control of Root-Rot Pathogens in Pea
- Sarah Benson-Amram & Hannah Griebling – UBC Urban Wildlife Project
- Dr. Juli Carrillo, Jennifer Lipka & Damara Featherstone – Measuring Floral Resources:How to Predict Bumble Bee Foraging Choice?
- Dr. Juli Carrillo, Jennifer Lipka & Nisa Chavez – Multi Species Interactions on the Kale Crop at UBC Farm
Date and Time
Saturdays, June 4 – August 27 | 10:00AM – 2:00PM
UBC Farm | 3461 Ross Drive