Work with Us
Support sustainable food systems learning and growing by joining our team. Opportunities at the Centre for Sustainable Food Systems at UBC Farm range from working in food cultivation and biodiversity, research support, managing educational programming, and supporting our markets and sales.
Centre for Sustainable Food Systems at UBC Farm Staff Positions
No current openings.
Student Work Learn Positions
Some of the main duties involve:
- Assists with the development, implementation, and evaluation of research activities at the CSFS and at the UBC Farm
- Assists with the tracking and monitoring of new research projects and research outputs from the CSFS (i.e. requesting research internal updates to PIs)
- Develops tools and promotional materials to promote the research carried out at the CSFS and the UBC Farm on diversified agriculture, food sustainability and environmental stewardship
- Participates in and supports the coordination of outreach events
- Supports new research proposals development
# of openings: 1
For-Credit Career Development Placements
All UBC students may apply for positions, interview, and – once accepted – enrol in LFS 496. Gain upper-level credits while learning from experts in the food system. Students will gain invaluable, hands-on, professional and research experience with the various opportunities on offer. Find out more about the program.
Much of the great work that happens at the UBC Farm is made possible by the continued support of the farm’s dedicated volunteers. The UBC Farm volunteer program provides UBC students, staff, faculty members, and members of the wider community the chance to gain hands-on experience in many aspects of small-scale sustainable farming. Most volunteer opportunities are available during the main growing season (May-October).
Click the link below to sign up to volunteer! Our next orientation sessions will be in April 2022.