UBC Farm Workshops are led by our experienced farm staff and many allied experts in sustainable living skills from around the region.
The UBC Farm offers a variety of workshops on topics including baking, beekeeping, fermentation and other sustainable food and living skills.
Interested in leading a workshop at UBC Farm?
Have another idea for a workshop?
We are now offering custom workshops & team-building for organizations and groups.
- Make Your Own Sourdough on February 26, 2019 5:30 pm
- Beginners Basketry with Invasive Species on February 27, 2019 5:30 pm
- Making Leather from Salmon Skin on March 6, 2019 6:00 pm
- Making and Mending Clothing on March 12, 2019 6:00 pm
- Basics of Herbal Medicine Part 1 on March 13, 2019 7:00 pm
- Basics of Herbal Medicine Part 2 on March 20, 2019 7:00 pm
- Introduction to Aquaponics on March 21, 2019 6:00 pm
- Winter Foraging on March 30, 2019 2:00 pm
- Making Shio Koji and Shoyu Koji on April 3, 2019 6:00 pm
- Kombucha Making on April 5, 2019 6:00 pm
- Growing Food in Small Spaces on April 6, 2019 10:00 am
- Herbal Medicine Throughout History on April 10, 2019 6:30 pm
- The Art of Herbal Medicine Making on April 20, 2019 9:00 am
- Making Brioche on April 24, 2019 5:30 pm
- Making Cloth: Introduction to Hand-Spinning on May 1, 2019 6:00 pm
- Making Rope from Foraged Fibre on May 8, 2019 6:30 pm
- Ginger Beer and Wild Fermented Sodas on May 9, 2019 6:00 pm
- Making Daifuku Mochi on May 11, 2019 2:30 pm
- Pies from Scratch on May 22, 2019 5:30 pm
- Spring Foraging on May 23, 2019 6:00 pm
- Fermentation Fundamentals: Sauerkraut & Pickled Vegetables on June 13, 2019 6:00 pm
- Canning and Preserving on July 24, 2019 5:30 pm
Stay tuned to upcoming workshops by signing up for our weekly UBC Farm Newsletter
Good to know:
We strongly suggest registering early as our workshops have limited seats and often sell out. Moreover, workshop registration may close up to 5 days prior to the workshop. If a workshop has sold out, you may request to be placed on our waiting list. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will add you to the waiting list.
Unless otherwise indicated on the workshop registration page, all workshops occur at UBC Farm (and an email with the specific location on the Farm will be sent to registrants at least one day prior to each workshop).