COVID-19 Market Guidelines for Shoppers
Please review these guidelines prior to attending our UBC Farm Farmers’ Markets.
- Safe Shopping Hours - We are reserving a 30 minute window of time for seniors (65+), shoppers with mobility challenges, and others most vulnerable to COVID-19 at our Saturday Market. Other shoppers will be able to enter the market starting at 10:30am and there will be a queue along the sidewalk outside the market parking lot.
- Do not shop if sick - In accordance with the restrictions outlined by the BCCDC, we will restrict entry to anyone who is ill. Stay home if you are sick to keep our markets safe!
- Parking - The lot directly outside the UBC Farm is only for folks with accessibility needs. Review this map to see other parking areas, marked in orange. Click here for more parking options in the Wesbrook Village, including EV and car share areas.
- Pets - No dogs or outside animals will be allowed at the market, except for service animals.
- Reusable bags - Reusable bags will not be encouraged at our market this year, but are permitted in the market area as long as customers fill the bags themselves and do not place their bags on any surfaces. Do not bring containers to have filled at the market.
- Payments - We encourage card payments at this time, but cash remains to be a payment option.
- Entry queues - On our Saturday markets, in between 10 AM to 10:30 AM the first 15 spots in our queue are reserved for vulnerable shoppers that wish to shop safely in the first thirty minutes. If you are not at high-risk of contracting COVID-19, please wait behind these spots until 10:30 AM.
- One-way traffic - Our market has a one-way flow of traffic this year. Please follow our signage, and maintain 2m distance between yourself, other shoppers, and vendors.
- Hand sanitizing - On Saturdays, please sanitize your hands upon entering the market at our Information Tent. Within the market there is a handwashing station and a few more sanitization stations to keep your hands clean throughout your visit.
- Physical distancing - We will be limiting the amount of people in the market area at one time this year for our markets. There will be queues for you to wait in outside the market area, please maintain a 2 metre distance from all other visitors throughout your time at the market and in queues.
- Shop solo - We ask that you only have one person per household attend the market, where possible, to reduce wait times and facilitate physical distancing.
- Shop don’t stop - Please buy what you need and exit the market. This shortens queues and reduces risk for everyone!
- Vendor Queues - Pylons mark the start of a vendor queue, maintain a distance of 2 metres from all other customers in the queue.
- Grabbing your goods - Please avoid touching vendor products, unless directly instructed by the vendor themselves. In most cases vendors will package products for you, but in situations when you are packing your own bag, do not let your personal items come in contact with their work space.
- Exploring the Farm - We welcome you to visit our chickens and take a walk around designated public areas of the Farm. Please do not enter our fields, greenhouses, or community program areas. See our map for public area boundaries, and follow any posted signage while on site. We are working to allow eating on site, and are considering options for picnic and seatings areas. Stay tuned for more information.
- Weekly Map - Market maps will be updated on the Friday before market so you can see exactly where vendors will be located.
- Market Prizes - No stamp cards this year- fill our our shopper survey once per month or tag us on social media to be entered to win our draw for $25 of Market gift cards! Details here under "Saturday Farmers' Markets at the UBC Farm".
This page was last updated on July 2nd, 2020.