Future of Food Webinar Series
Building Resilient Food Systems During COVID-19 and Beyond
Join us for our new webinar series: Building a Resilient Food System During COVID-19 and Beyond. This webinar series will feature many of the foremost food systems experts from UBC and across BC, brought to you by the Centre for Sustainable Food Systems (CSFS), the BC Food Web and the Faculty of Land and Food Systems (LFS) and other partners to be announced.
This eight-part series will air every two weeks starting May 28th, from 3 pm to 4 pm. Webinar titles are subject to change. Series links with speaker details and more will be posted below soon.
- What’s a food system anyway? Unpacking the global and local food system – May 28
- Decolonizing the Land and Food System: Indigenous Resilience in Times of Crisis – June 11
- Essential labour, essential lives: migrant agricultural workers and COVID-19 – July 23
- The right to eat: Tackling food insecurity during COVID-19 – TBD
- Eating close to home: fostering the local food system during COVID-19 – August 6
- A food system in crisis: climate change, COVID-19, and pathways forward – TBD
- Farming during a pandemic: how to adapt, survive and thrive – August 20
- Healthy eating during COVID-19 – TBD
Receive updates and reminders for your preferred talks.Register Here
Additional webinars will be posted as soon as dates are confirmed.
Professor, Faculty of Science, Institute for Resources, Environment and Sustainability
Senior Instructor and Academic Director of the Land, Food and Community Series
May 28, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Founder, Chair, and Coordinator of the BCFSN Working Group on Indigenous Food Sovereignty
June 11, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.