Tuesday Markets at the UBC Farm
June 2 – October 27, 2020 from 4:00M-6:30PM
Conveniently timed so you can grab your groceries after work.
The Tuesday afternoon Farm Market is a wonderful time to visit the farm, meet your local farmer and find certified organic fresh produce, fruits, herbs, and flowers grown on site.
- Do not shop if sick – In accordance with the restrictions outlined by the BCCDC, we will restrict entry to anyone who is ill. Stay home if you are sick to keep our markets safe!
- Parking – The lot directly outside the UBC Farm is only for folks with accessibility needs. Review this map to see other parking areas, marked in orange. Click here for more parking options in the Wesbrook Village, including EV and car share areas.
- Pets – No dogs or outside animals will be allowed at the market, except for service animals.
- Reusable bags – Reusable bags will not be encouraged at our market this year, but are permitted in the market area as long as customers fill the bags themselves and do not place their bags on any surfaces. Do not bring containers to have filled at the market.
- Payments – We encourage card payments at this time, but cash remains to be a payment option.
- One-way traffic – Our market has one-way traffic this year. Please follow signage and know that you will be asked to leave if you do not follow our guidelines while at the market.
- Hand sanitizing – Please sanitize your hands upon entering the market at our sanitization station. Within the market there is a handwashing station and a few more sanitization stations to keep your hands clean throughout your visit.
- Physical distancing – We will be limiting the amount of people in the market area at one time this year. There will be queues for you to wait in outside the market area, please maintain a 2 metre distance from all other visitors throughout your time at the market and in queues.
- Shop solo – We ask that you only have one person per household attend the market, where possible, to reduce wait times and facilitate physical distancing.
- Shop don’t stop- please buy what you need and exit the market. This shortens queues and reduces risk for everyone!
- Grabbing your goods – Please avoid touching vendor products, unless directly instructed by the vendor themselves. In most cases vendors will package products for you, but in situations when you are packing your own bag, do not let your personal items come in contact with their work space.
- Eggs – UBC Farm egg quantities are limited (the hens can only produce so much!) and in high demand. To ensure that as many people as possible can sample this popular treat, there is a limit of one dozen eggs per family at the UBC Farm stall. Other vendors at the multivendor Saturday market will also be selling delicious local eggs; you can buy your fill from them!
Incentive programs for our shoppers
UBC Students can enjoy a discount on all products at the UBC Farm stall thanks to the Sustainable Food Access Fund. Show your UBC Student ID at the cash register to save.
Date and Time
Every Tuesday, June 2 – October 27, 2020 | 4:00PM – 6:30PM