UBC Farm Fall Fair
Saturday September 17, 2022 from 10:00AM-2:00PM
Celebrate the changing seasons and learn about sustainable food at our fourth annual Fall Fair, where you can get your fill of fall bounty fruits and vegetables alongside u-pick pumpkins, pie contest and tasting, a CANOVI Carrot tasting and Chef demo, live music, kids’ activities, weirdest veggie contest, and more!
Just in time for the return of students to campus the UBC Farm Fall Fair is your chance to learn how to get involved in our research and teaching in sustainable food systems and celebrate the harvest with fellow students, faculty, staff, alumni and neighbours.
Want to join the pie contest? Fill out the entry form below and learn more about the contest and prizes. Please note that pie tasting is by donation, first come first served. The entry form is for pie bakers who want to submit a pie!
Join us for a celebration of the harvest and enjoy a fun-filled day:
- Live music from our market musicians
- Farm photo booth
- Pie contest – public pie tasting by donation ($5 donation suggested)
- Free farm tours explaining our active research and programs
- CANOVI Carrot variety tasting and chef demo with UBC Food Services Sous Chef, Johnny Bridge. Learn more about the CANOVI project’s carrot breeding work here!
- U-pick pumpkin piles
- Food and coffee trucks
- Hands-on activities for kids
- Weirdest vegetable contest (Bring them to our market outreach booth to enter!)
- More than 30 different local vendors selling produce, fruit, meat, mushrooms, eggs, baked goods, beverages, sweet treats, alcohol, artisan goods, and more
- Information showcasing all the research, teaching and learning happening at the UBC Farm
- Information on how to get involved with food security initiatives on UBC campus
Pie competition (to enter a pie, fill out the entry form here)
Date and Time
Saturday September 17, 2022 | 10:00AM – 2:00PM
UBC Farm | 3461 Ross Drive
FREE / Pie tasting by donation!